About Hotel Grand Sunset, Chail
Nestled at the cool, calm and relaxing serenity of Chail, Hotel Grand Sunset is located at the starting point of Chail which offers the most attractive view of Sunset from every rooms. Not only the sunset, Hotel Grand Sunset offers the best view of Chail valley and the surrounding views of Hills and Lush Green vegetation of Chail.
You will find every room an ode to synchronicity, a rare harmony of the classical elegance and modern comfort. Friendly room service is part of ambience. Yet, the desire to look outside is irresistible. Unfold curtains of Glass Windows and an entire Panoramic View of the hills and valleys reveals itself. Coupled with taste of cuisines served, there’s just one word… Perfect!!
General amenities :-
- 24-hour front desk
- Total number of rooms – 20
- Number of floors – 4
- Banquet facilties
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- One meeting/conference room
- Free parking
- Room service (limited hours)
- Train station pickup (On request – Charges applicable)
- Meeting facilities size (feet) – 1500
- Conference center
- Number of buildings/towers – 1
- Open Terrace with 360 Degree View
- LCD Television in lobby
Room amenities :-
- Premium Television
- Ceiling fan
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Valley View (In Premium Deluxe & Family Suite rooms)
- Check in Check out time – 12 Noon
“Affordable Yet Splendid”
I selected the hotel reluctantly as I wasn’t sure that such a great place can be there in such a remote location however I was pleasently surprised with the comfort and great ambience this hotel offered. The veiws are heavenly and rival the best in the world the food is homely and light on your stomach, staff is extremly polite and attentive and pays great emphasis on making you feel at home. Overall a truely wonderfull experience I am glad I made the right choice.
By Arun Chhikara,
About Chail City
At the altitude of 2,250 meters from sea level, Bhupinder Singh, the Maharaja of Patiala, built Chail, when he was exiled from Shimla and decided to create his own summer capital, which was Chail.
Chail was the ideal of his Summer Capital – Being surrounded by thick cover of dense, majestic, soaring deodars; with Simla just 45 kms away and most significantly, the hill of Chail, decidedly higher than the then British controlled Shimla..
This picturesque hill station, located amidst scented forests of chir pine and gigantic deodars, is built on three hills. The palace on the Rajgarh Hill; the Residency Snow View, once occupied by the British residents on Pandhewa Hill and on the third being the Sadh Tiba hill. Overlooking Satluj Valley, Shimla and Kasauli are also visible at night from here.
Places of Interest in Chail –
- Maharaja’s Palace : This is a magnificent Rajgarh palace, with elaborate furnishings, built in 1891. Withcomfortable log huts and cottages, dense forests and serene walks, sprawling lawns, a children’s park, a`lovers hill’, and sports facilities, Chail is a resort in the real sense of the term.
The little ‘hill station’ of Chail came into being when Bhupinder Singh, Maharaja of Patiala was banished from Shimla, the ‘summer capital’ of British India, after a dalliance with the Commander-in-Chief’s daughter in the late 19th century
- Sidh Baba Ka Mandir : Maharaja Bhupinder Singh had originally intended this to be the site of his palace, and had even started building it, but as is believed, a ‘sidh’, saintly person appeared in the Maharaja’s dream, and declared that this was the place where he had meditated. Consequently, Bhupinder Singh shifted his venue and built a temple on the spot.
- Chail Sanctuary: Chail is a hill station visited by many tourists. The Deodar and Oak forests with grasslands around the township are the abode of wildlife
- Cricket Ground : Surrounded by gigantic deodar and well maintained Chail Cricket ground is the highest cricket ground in the world. Built in 1893, this cricket pitch located at the height of 2,144m is also used as polo ground.
Destinations Near Chail –
- Kufri : A long and enjoyable drive through lush forests and quaint villages takes one to the small but thoroughly popular hill station of Kufri. Its main attractions are the Nature Park, and the exciting trek that leads to the divine Mahasu peak.
- Sadhupul : Halfway between Kandaghat and Chail is the tiny village of Sadhupul, and the bridge over the Ashwani stream, a popular picnic – spot.
- Shimla : Shimla is a tourist destination par excellence. It is a beautiful hill town in the lap of nature, surrounded by pine and deodar forests. Besides being the ultimate summer retreat it remains an ideal spot for adventure sports
Image Gallery of Hotel Grand Sunset, Chail
Click Here to Check out Virtual Tour of Hotel Grand Sunset